ERNST JUNG PRIZE FOR MEDICINE 2023
The Jung Foundation for Science and Research was founded by Ernst Jung (1896 - 1976), a Hamburg entrepreneur, more than 50 years ago. It supports cutting-edge human medical research through awards currently totalling 540,000 euros per year. This makes the prizes among the highest endowed in Europe. The Ernst Jung Prize for Medicine, with a prize money of 300,000 euros, is among the most highly endowed medical awards in Europe. A list of previous award winners can be found here.
We would be very pleased if you could nominate an outstanding and pioneering researcher for the Ernst Jung Prize for Medicine 2023!
Prerequisite: The award-worthy personalities should have contributed significantly to the progress of human medicine and should be expected to do so in the future.
Selection Procedure: The selection of the laureates is made by the Board of Trustees of the Ernst Jung Foundation, based on proposals of the presidents/rectors of all universities active in the field of biomedicine, the presidents of the non-university research institutions as well as the former laureates of the Ernst Jung Prize for Medicine. Only one candidate can be nominated per institution or per person.
Nomination deadline: We request your nomination proposal by April 30, 2022. Notification will be made in December 2022.
Application documents: A nomination consists of the following elements, which can be easily filled in and uploaded below:
- Details of the nominating person
- Details of the nominated person
- A sentence describing what the nominated person should receive the award for (max. 30 words)
- Summary of the nominee's accomplishments and what they mean to the field (max. 150 words)
- Description of the clinical significance of the accomplishments (max. 450 words)
- Listing of six key publications (max. 1 page)
- Brief curriculum vitae (CV) of the nominee, including major awards (max. 1 page)
Contact: If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the management of the Jung Foundation for Science and Research, Verena Strasoldo, phone 040 880 80 51, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.